Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Thankful Tuesdays: Little steps

Goodness! I still cannot believe its already August, and that in two months time, baby J would be turning two. (I think we should start referring to him as Lil J from now onwards, since he is totally not a baby anymore.) And that in less than four months time, we'll be having three little boys in the family. Three! Exciting times ahead.

Meanwhile, it has been little step by little step. We've not really gotten the home-learning engine going, and the home is still filled with boxes and messes and works in progress. Its hard to do any packing on a regular day. Whatever the case, I am thankful for this time with the boys. Seeing them reach their milestones. Having time to just be with them, be it during meals, or during playtime.

Today, he heard his brother mention the word "dog" and got scared for some reason.
And insisted on me holding his hand during the entire duration of lunch. 

There are days that I get so tired of the daily grind and never-ending cycle of chores. And of breaking up fights and wiping up messes. And the oscillation between the huge heap of laundry to be folded and the mountain of boxes to be unpacked. There are times I admit I cannot summon any more energy than to just sit on the sofa, fighting drooping eyelids, while they clamber about chattering and playing.

But I am still thankful. Especially when I see them growing and learning together. When I see the little one parroting the older, and learning from him. When I see how they squabble and play and bond.


So this week, I am just thankful for this season of having littles. Of being part of their growing years. With them, the days are long but the years are certainly short. Meanwhile, there's always ice-cream to ease those long days!

What are you thankful for this week?


Mum in the Making

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...